OUACHITA BAPTIST UNIVERSITY is a private four-year Christian liberal arts university in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. Year after year, Ouachita is ranked among “America’s Best Colleges” by such publications as U.S. News & World Report and Forbes. Students also earn state and national recognition for accomplishments ranging from scientific research and business competitions to student publications and musical performances. We even host an annual Scholars Day to celebrate academic achievements. In other words, Ouachita has a well-deserved reputation for providing an outstanding liberal arts education – an education you can experience firsthand.
95% of Ouachita students live on campus, making this a home away from home where you can develop lifelong friendships. With more than 40 clubs and organizations on campus, there are lots of exciting ways to get involved. OBU’s recreational life program also offers many exciting ways to enjoy Ouachita’s natural surroundings.
From intramural sports to outdoor adventures ranging from camping and canoeing to disc golf and rock climbing, Ouachita has much to offer. Additionally, more than 20% of Ouachita’s students compete on one of the university’s 14 intercollegiate sports teams, including men’s teams for baseball, basketball, football, soccer, swimming, tennis and wrestling, and women’s teams for basketball, cross country, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis and volleyball.
Estefanie, Venezuela – “It has been a wonderful experience at OBU. Everyone is very kind and ready to help you. I feel like I’m home and I’ve found a new family and great friends.”
Jacob, Mexico – “I have enjoyed my experience at OBU so much. Being here has helped me grow, not only academically but also spiritually. I have matured and I’m becoming the man I want to be. I’ve built wonderful relationships and made sure I get the most out of my time here.”
- Location: Arkadelphia, Arkansas
- Enrollment: 1,500 students from 30 states and 30 nations. Gender: Male 47%, Female 53%. Minority Enrollment: 15%. Average Age: 20.
- Academic Tradition: Liberal Arts
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 13:1
- Average Class Size: 17
- Seven Academic Schools: business, Christian studies, education, fine arts, humanities, natural sciences, social sciences
- Accreditation: Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Universities. Other accreditations in business, dietetics, education and music.
- Religious Affiliation: Arkansas Baptist State Convention
- Residential Campus: 95% of students live on campus
- Prepared Graduates: 97% acceptance rate to graduate programs
- Athletics: 25% of students compete on one of its 14 NCAA Division II athletic teams
- Tradition of Service: Since 1997, students have volunteered more than 80,000 hours as part of Tiger Serve Day, a semi-annual community service event.
- International Focus: Ouachita offers more than 15 study abroad opportunities with partner institutions around the world
Want to hear more about Ouachita Baptist University? Fill out our Connect Form and an AmeriStudy representative will contact you soon!
Ouachita Baptist invites you to discover the exceptional education the university provides. The 13:1 student-to-faculty makes a huge difference. Students get to know their professors on a personal level as role models and mentors.
OBU has a 97% acceptance rate to graduate programs and professional schools; and 93% of students have a full-time job or enter graduate school within 1 year of graduation. Ouachita strives to be an academic community of vision, integrity, and service.
COSTS FOR 2019-2020 ACADEMIC YEAR:
Undergraduate Tuition & Fees: $27,280
Room & Board: $8,000*
ESL Program: Same as tuition
Financial Assistance: The OBU Application also serves as the application for merit scholarships at the university. International students will be considered for Global Scholarships during this process. International students whose applications are accepted will automatically qualify for $11,000 in financial aid, and may qualify for up to $18,500 based on GPA, TOEFL, IELTS, etc.
*Please note Room & Board costs are calculated according to most commonly taken option.
**Also note, total tuition reflects mandatory fees.
English Proficiency Requirements
TOEFL: 78-80 or higher (Internet-based test)
SAT or Equivalent Requirements:
SAT: 1020/Evidenced-based reading and writing/math (not required, but may help qualify for maximum merit based financial assistance)
ACT: 20 (Composite) (not required, but may help qualify for maximum merit based financial assistance)
*Freshmen students applying to Ouachita Baptist must submit transcripts processed through an agency such as ECE, WES, or IEE.
**TOEFL or IELTS required for non-native English speakers. Ouachita Baptist does not require an SAT or ACT for ESL students.
GPA Requirement: 2.75
Application Deadline: Rolling deadline