Mississippi College, a Christian university, was founded in 1826 and is the oldest and largest private university in the state and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). MC has the authority to grant Bachelors, Masters, PhD, Ed.D, and JD degrees. To assist students whose English language skills are still developing, MC also hosts an Intensive English Program (IEP) that is a member of EnglishUSA. Mississippi College is a premier private university famous for its commitment to academic excellence and is consistently ranked as one of the best medium size private universities in the region.
• History: Founded in 1826
• Location: Clinton, Mississippi, a safe and dynamic community
• Enrollment: 2018/2019 school year – 5,059. International student population 271 from over 40 countries.
• Classrooms: Excellent Teacher to Student ratio of 16:1 (much lower than US average).
• Hot majors: All Business disciplines (AACSB), Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pre-med, Medical Sciences, Nursing, Education, Law, Communications, Public Relations, Health Services Administration, and many more!
• Activities/Clubs: With more than 50 chartered student organizations, ranging from academic societies to campus ministries, MC offers ways for everyone to get involved.
• Athletics: Member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association Division II and Gulf South Conference
- Financial Assistance/Scholarship:
All first year undergraduate students receive a $2000 scholarship; double that amount in the second semester for all A’s. After the first year, undergraduate students can apply for merit-based scholarships. Student athletes or students with ACT or SAT scores may be eligible for other scholarships. All graduate students who maintain a 3.0 GPA receive a $1500 scholarship each year; double that amount for all A’s.
- Tuition and fees, room & board, insurance, books (1 academic year):
|Tuition & Fees||$18,026||$11,630||$8,080|
|Housing & Meals||$10,300||$10,300||$10,300|
|Books & Insurance||$2,500||$2,500||$2,500|
English Proficiency Requirements (choose one)
TOEFL: 69 (undergraduate) / 79 (graduate)
IELTS: 5.5 (undergraduate) / 6.0 (graduate)
PTE: 45 (undergraduate) / 52 (graduate)
GTEC: 1040 (undergraduate) / 1120 (graduate)
Fill in the online application and submit the application fee at：www.mc.edu/application
Undergraduate applicants: High school transcript, high school diploma, bank statement, language proficiency scores (IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/GTEC)
Graduate applicants: Undergraduate transcript, undergraduate diploma, 3 letters of recommendation, a personal statement, bank statement, language proficiency scores (IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/GTEC), GRE/GMAT scores
Notes: Students who do not have an English Score (IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/GTEC) will be admitted in the Intensive English program before being fully admitted to an academic program. Majority of the graduate programs do not require a GRE or GMAT score to apply. Verify with individual department.